The story of Domaine Chabrier goes back to 1925, when Louis Chabrier acquired 3.5 hectares of vines in the village of Bourdic; today, the Domaine’s vineyards span 70 hectares. In 1952, the estate was taken over by Louis’ sons. At that time, the grapes were delivered to a cooperative winery, and the first mechanised processes were being introduced. In 1988, they handed the baton to the third generation of Chabriers, Christophe and Patrick. Both were passionate about vine and wine; they built their own winery on the estate and became independent winemakers in 1998.
Since 2015, Domaine Chabrier has been in the hands of Patrick’s son Louis and Christophe’s son Baptiste. The estate is HVE (High Environmental Value) accredited, recognising their commitment to improving environmental performance, notably soil management. The vineyards use green manures, thereby limiting chemical inputs in the end product.